Thursday, November 16, 2006

...sick & giving thanks...

So apparently I'm the kind of sick that refuses to go away. I guess I've been trying to fight this for over 2 weeks now. I know what you're thinking, "Go to the doctor", well I tried that. I went last Thursday, she put me on some antibiotic, and then Tuesday it flared up all over again. I think this second wave of yuckiness may be completely unrelated. What I've had the past 2 days has really felt more like allergies. My boss is so great, she insisted that I head home early. I did, and fell asleep for 2.5 hours!!! It was awesome. So I called the doctor and I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. The goal is to kick this thing so that I can enjoy and have a fabulous Thanksgiving break.

Just for a little extra, with Thanksgiving now just one week away, I thought I'd share just a few things I'm thankful for:
  • my God who is my rock, His provision, His love, His grace, His patience
  • a new niece/nephew on the way
  • getting to wear warm coats
  • of course, the niece & nephews I already have
  • pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks
  • supportive parents
  • sisters who care
  • a whole week off for Thanksgiving & almost 2 weeks off at Christmas
  • friends who listen & put up with my whining & drama
  • a church who is supportive of me working & going to school at the same time
  • new shoes

ok, that's all i got. I'll be out of touch til after Turkey Day, so everyone have a good one. Relax, enjoy friends & family, and tell the God of Heaven & Earth what you're thankful for!

Super Duper: Headed to Fredericksburg for a few days before Thanksgiving with mom, dad & sister!!!

Super Pooper: My sister 's family Katy, Brent, Brady & Blake aren't joining us for Thanksgiving :(

No comments :