Monday, January 29, 2007

...1 lump or 2...

Since my good man Clay holds such a dear place in my heart, I thought I would title this post upon his suggestion.

I would like to take a survey. How many of you know what that phrase, "1 lump or 2" is in reference to?

Allow me to explain. Last night at a very lively singles gathering at Rob & Will's we found ourselves playing a competitive game of catch phrase. I'm sure you are all familiar with this game. Well first let me prepare you that not all of the phrases that you are supposed to catch are rated G. That's right. We were playing this friendly game, let me remind you with a church group, when I get the word 'orgy'. Oh yes! I got a little flustered and then decided that it was unnecessary to explain that word. So we all had a good laugh about it, but still, quite inappropriate!

So then we keep playing, laughing, having a good time when I get the phrase "1 lump or 2". I look at it and have no clue what that would be in reference to. I've never heard it used in a common conversation. I didn't even know how to start explaining it so that my team would guess this phrase. So I start trying to get them to guess the word lump. I was describing portions and servings and trying to get them to say lump...but of course, none of them were getting it. So, alas, I resorted to the OH SO AWKWARD option of mentioning cancer. Of course they were so thrown off and never ended up getting the phrase, but when they found out that I had said cancer, trying to get them to guess lump, they died. Little did they know that I was about to be more specific and start explaining breast cancer...talk about AWKWARD in mixed company!! It was hilarious!!! They made fun of me about it for the rest of the night!! Oh, we all had a good laugh! But still, quite awkward moments stemming from the wonderful game of catch phrase!

Super Duper: going on Women's Ministry Retreat this weekend (I didn't realize I was a woman, haha)
Super Pooper: LOTS to do at work these days!

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

uh yeah, everybody knows it's one or two lumps of SUGAR, not a malignant mass!

Janelle said...

You're such a dork... but I love you anyway! Perhaps Becca and I need to take you to "afternoon tea" to give you a more personal understanding of the term! LOL! :)

By the way... I prefer 2 lumps!