Friday, February 09, 2007

...my Valentine's Card is a post-it note...

Have you heard that song? It's hilarious. I hope you get a chance to hear it on the radio this Valentine's season!

I wanted to address the issue of Valentine's Day. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me because I'm "alone" on V-day! Seriously, I'm not worried about it. I love Valentine's Day. I love telling people I love them and even just sending an unexpected card to someone I haven't talked to in a while. In fact, I prefer to not have to stress out about what to get a certain guy that you've only been dating for a few weeks or even a few months. I mean let's face it. Guys don't like V-day. They don't really want anything and they don't have a clue about what to get you. It's so much unnecessary pressure.

So please, stop pitying all the single girls out there. We are big girls and can take care of ourselves. Don't worry, I feel plenty loved on V-day, even without a "boyfriend."

Oh and another thing, I HATE it when people refer to Valentine's Day as "Single's Awareness Day" (SAD). There is nothing sad about it, and I'm very aware of my singleness!!!

Super Duper: A great weekend with relaxing and hanging out with friends.
Super Pooper: laundry, laundry, laundry

2 comments :

Janelle said...

Yes, heard that song... it is too funny. Glad your not "SAD" because I Love You Kasey!

Elaine said...

Thank you for the sweet card! It was the only one I got this year and it made me smile!! Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's!! Love you!