Saturday, April 14, 2007

...Cinderella is Wicked...

well...ok, so maybe she's not, but having gone to see Cinderella on Thursday night and Wicked last night, you can understand my inspiration for the title of this blog.

Let me start with Thursday's viewing of Cinderella. A friend of mine and I had decided to go downtown to Miller Outdoor Theatre (Amphitheatre style) to see Cinderella. It was just a local production of the age old fantasy, but it was especially fun since I knew 2 of the actresses. It was super fun. A little windy and chilly, but overall fun. I must briefly mention the fact that I was sitting on my blanket, waiting for Vickie and her little girl to show up, when up walks Clif and his girlfriend. Clif the single guy from Tallowood that I was optimistic about getting to know a few months ago. Remember, I'm sitting by myself, so then he proceeds to act awkward and not know what to say, and then joins his friends, who are sitting on the blanket right next to mine. It was perfectly awkward until Vickie showed up. Oh, and at the end, when the cast was bowing, the fairy god mother flew out over the audience, but she didn't land back on the stage, instead she ended up in the orchestra pit...it was scary (and slightly funny). All in all a fun night sitting outside watching a nice show.

So then last night my loverly friend Jamie had bought us tickets to Wicked, as my Christmas present. I had heard such wonderful things about it. It was amazing!!! The vocalists, the costumes, the storyline, all of it, quality!!! Seriously, I would highly recommend it to anyone. I would like to say that even thought it is based on the Wizard of Oz, it's not really appropriate for children. Most of the storyline is over their head, and the kid sitting next to me fell asleep during the second act...such a waste of an expensive ticket.

2 great nights of the Theatre (said in a snobby British accent). See, there are a few perks to living in the big city!!!

Super Duper: Will & Kristi's shower is tomorrow! I hope all goes well!!
Super Pooper: VBS Dinner & Training is next weekend, yikes!

1 comment :

Elaine said...

I am SO JEALOUS that you got to go see Wicked!! I want to go soooo bad. I went to see Othello at an old theatre here this week...we are such cultured adults!