Thursday, April 19, 2007

...diadelVBS...

Today on Baylor campus was the ever loved diadeloso... a favorite day of all baylor students. one with no classes, games, competitions, performers, movies, food, sleeping in, hanging with friends, doing nothing if you so choose, hypnotists, dancers, fun had by all...

WELL TODAY WAS NO DIADELOSO FOR ME!!!! no, rather i had a diadelVBS. you see, this weekend VBS is life. Friday night I have a dinner with all the department directors, and then Saturday morning, we have a training session. I love it all, but it's been crazy work. Today was set up day for all of the above, from MASSIVE decorations, to organizing resources & curriculum, to getting the news that one of my presenters for the training Saturday isn't going to be able to make it!!!!

So not only stressed, but exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Don't get me wrong, it's all worth it, and hopefully will turn out well, but in the mean time, I'm pooped.

Super Duper: a day off tomorrow (that's if I actually get to take it, I worked late today in hopes of not going in to the office, we'll see...of course I do have the dinner tomorrow night, but that doesn't count.)
Super Pooper: apparently it's not a joy to work in VBS, because we have to literally beg people, whatever happened to wanting to teach children about Jesus???

1 comment :

Elaine said...

i hope everything goes fantastically smooth and wonderful. you are going to do a great job with vbs!!! you're a rock star and you know it.