Friday, April 06, 2007

...Easter Weekend...

Here's the deal. I have a limited # of Sundays I can take off per year (3 to be exact), that means that I need to be here on Easter weekend. Which is fine, this will be my 3rd Easter spent without my fam. The hard part this time has been that my parents left Corpus on Wednesday and spent time in Temple (with Katy & boys) and Waco (with Kristy & Ash) and then ended up in Arlington (with Kelly) on Thursday night. Yes, that's right. My parents saw EVERYONE else in my family BESIDES me!!! Feelin' the love!

No, no, seriously, I do understand, but that doesn't mean it's easy! But it was me decision not to go meet them for the day today. I just didn't want to be on the road again (I've been gone 3 out of 5 weekends in March). Plus, I really enjoy a calm weekend, and all the services that we have at Tallowood in conjunction with Easter weekend.

Also, before you start feeling too sorry for me, for spending Easter ALL alone, I do have lunch plans with a loverly family and other friends that are all having Easter lunch/dinner together! It will be a fun, relaxing time with friends! Nice to not be alone on Easter.

So, this weekend, I pray that you realize the sacrifice that was made for you and the magnificence of His Resurrection!!

Super Duper: I do have a new dress to wear on Sunday!!!
Super Pooper: Apartment needs cleaning and I have minimal motivation to clean it!

2 comments :

claymonster said...

Hey Kid,

I do feel for you that you don't get to spend this holiday with your family. With a brother in the ministry, I know the demands of the schedule. I'm glad that I am getting to spend the weekend up here in Dallas, and get to see the nephew AND hear my little brother preach on Easter Sunday.

...and now the comment from the 70-yr-old well-meaning church lady:
"But honey, when you have a family of your own, you won't feel so left out... so, any prospects on the horizon?"

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya friend! I hope you're not too bummed out! I hope you've had a great Saturday. I'm sure you'll have so much fun tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you!