Saturday, May 05, 2007

...an eventful day of sitting at home...

Let's see, I could be at a wedding for 2 of my friends, a wedding shower for another friend of mine, or celebrating my bro-in-law's graduation for college with the rest of my family, but instead I sit on my couch "resting."

Wednesday night when I went to bed I was hit by what felt like a ton of bricks with strep throat. Of course I wasn't sure that's what it was until I went to the dr the next day, but let me just tell you I haven't felt that bad in a LOOOOOOOOONG time. I didn't sleep all night, had fever, chills, sweating, aches, my throat hurt, and I was very weak. About 7 am I called my mom and my boss and we all decided I would go to the dr ASAP. Well, my drs appt wasn't til 12:30, so I called my wonderful friend Abby Bertrand to see if she could bring me any kind of meds that might help break the fever. She did, and seriously saved my life!!! She definitely saw me at my worst, I couldn't even make it to the front door or sit up to take the medicine because I was so weak. The fever had gone down by the time my other hero of the day, Jessica Ray, came to take me to the dr. We had decided that I was in no shape to be driving so she came and saved the day. The dr saw that I was in pretty bad shape and said I had full blown intense strain of strep throat (lucky me). He was glad I hadn't come alone, he said I was in no shape to be driving (maybe since I couldn't even sit up long enough to let him listen to my breathing). So Jess brought me home, got my prescription, loaded me up on liquids, jello, soup, etc.

I've been on the mend for the past couple of days, basically sleeping and resting the days away. The fever is gone, I'm much stronger, and its getting easier to swallow. I'm still on a liquid/soft food diet, but my goal is mashed potatoes tomorrow!! haha, I know, pathetic to crave something so simple!

So, that's my life for the past couple of days. Bummer that I had so many options of what I could be doing today, and instead I'm sitting on the couch "resting."

Well, my goal is to be back in the office on Monday, and still take it easy for the week.

Super Duper: My parents are coming through town tomorrow to check on me, even though I plan to be almost 100% tomorrow, it will be nice.
Super Pooper: besides the obvious, my final is on Tuesday!

No comments :