Sunday, July 29, 2007

...i'm a horrible blogger...

well, it seems as though I've gotten in a routine of posting on Sundays. really, its just that i feel bad if I haven't posted in a week, so I force myself to post, even if I don't really have a quality post in me. which is really unfortunate for you, oh so faithful readers! so, anyway, instead of a day by day play be play, I'll give you the highlights of this past week, and then upcoming events.
  • Splash Day was a HIT...we thought at best we might have 15-20 kids...oh no, we had 50 kids, and about 40 adults on a day that was supposed to rain!!! It was super fun...I think it may have to be an annual event!!! Kind of fun for God to surprise you like that, I guess my expectations were too low!
  • Got offered free, second row tickets to a concert with Mandesa, Israel Houghten & Newbreed, TOBY MAC!!!!! and Mercy Me! It was ridiculously fun!!! I went with Rebecca, Jess & Dave Ray!!! Poor Dave was outnumbered, but I think he secretly loved hanging with such crazy girls!!! We worshipped, danced, jumped around, got a little crazy, screamed, all in all, had a great time! Seriously, if you've never sat that close at a concert, I highly recommend it, it's definitely energizing to say the least! I'll try and post pics later so you can see that I could practically touch the artists. We basically breathed the same air...
  • My college friend, Jae, last minute decided to come visit for the weekend. We went to see "No Reservations" (which is super cute), went to a fun restaurant, did some shopping, got in the hot tub...just like old times! Fun to reunite and have a weekend with basically no agenda!

Well, those are the big points from this past week, here's what I have coming up this month:

  • The parents may be coming in for lunch on Friday, we'll see if I rate enough for them to make the effort...
  • "Big Enough For Big Church" breakfast with the Pastor on Saturday...I'm in charge
  • I'm doing the children's sermon in ALL 5 worship services next weekend...no so sure about that.
  • Preschool Leadership Luau on Sunday, August 12th, again, I'm in charge, haven't even thought about the details...
  • Sunday School Promotion , August 26th
  • Back to seminary on Monday, August 27th, then another weekend class in Ft. Worth the last weekend in August.

If I can just survive til then, things should calm down, we'll see what September hold though...

Super Duper: youth "Re.VIVE. All" this week led by Kristi McCartney herself, should be great!

Super Pooper: in need of a vacation, a real getaway that involved nothing but relaxation...yeah, that might happen some time next decade...

3 comments :

Elaine said...

Coming to visit the Burg would definitely count as a vacation!! And I cannot believe I failed to mention the running out of gas story. It was one of the best Lucy moments and I have never since run out of gas (knock on wood)!!

claymonster said...

Umm, you're not horrible. At all.

Kristy said...

I made the header in a scrapbook program on my computer. Then all you do is change your header in the settings section. I just added it as a picture. I will be happy to help you if you decide to do one!