Wednesday, December 19, 2007

...new office!!!

well, we've moved into the new offices, but I have yet to settle in to my new space. We ordered new furniture for my office, and it should be here next week. So, for the time being, I have a table for my computer and a lot of boxes. It's not a huge deal, but watching everyone else settle in, makes me eager to unpack all my boxes! But hopefully when I get back after New Years it'll all be waiting for me! I'll post pictures once it's presentable.

I wanted to warn some of you about a decision I made, concerning my new office. Allow me to remind those of you whom may have never seen my previous offices, but my freshman year of High School I began collecting ladybugs. My freshman year roommate at Baylor can attest that I had quite a collection and tried my hardest to implement them into our decor. Well after graduating, I decided that my new apartment didn't need any ladybugs, but that they would be a great decorating scheme for my office at the church! So for 3 years now, I have had ladybugs infesting my office. The collection has grown, and to be honest with you, I can't remember the last time I purchased something with a ladybug on it, because everyone feels the need to buy anything with a ladybug on it for me. Well, this collection has been accumulating for over a decade now, and while I love it all, it has come to my attention that the ladies may have seen better days. And that the collection is a bit juvenile. So...drum roll please...I will be downsizing the number of ladybugs in my office, and sending most of the collection home to my parents house! I have saved a select few to stay in the office, but the vast majority didn't make the cut.

Soooo....I have a new office decor that I am working on. Charis assisted me in coming up with the idea. I was telling her about keeping a select few ladybugs, so there would be some red and black in the office anyways. I had also decided that I planned on only using black picture frames. I think this will add a nice clean, unified look to my office. They will be all different sizes, shapes, textures, materials, some on the walls, some on the book shelves, etc. But I'm hoping they will create a simplistic look, that cuts down on clutter. So, as I was explaining this to Charis, telling her that I didn't want just red & black, she came up with the accent color of "ice blue" (hence the inspiration of this font color)...I LOVE IT!!! I don't know if you have ever seen this color combination, but it looks great, and is really complimentary!!! I've already picked up a few items (a ceramic bowl, toothbrush holder (just like a cup, not the one with holes for each toothbrush, sorry, had to explain, cuz it sounded funny to think about putting a pen in each hole...)that I will use as a pen holder, and a candle) in this "ice blue" accent color! I already love it, and can't wait to see it all come together!!! I think I will also matte some of the frames with some "ice blue" paper, and maybe even a few red...we'll see.

So, there you have it! Let the downsizing of the ladybugs begin. I know some of you are going to have a hard time accepting this. And I don't by any means mean that I'm done with ladybugs all together, but rather, that my selection is going to be more refined, and intentional, as apposed to comprehensive and well, shall we say "youthful". I still love my ladybug pajama pants, and my ladybug CD holder, its just the random nick nacky things that I don't have much space for anymore.

Super Duper: almost done with my Christmas shopping!!!!
Super Pooper: apartment is dirty...why is it sooo perpetual?

No comments :