Thursday, December 13, 2007

...they just keep coming...

well, i'll spice it up a little and use this festive post that I found on a friend's blog, but then you'll have to put up with more pictures...I promise, I only have a few more Christmas parties

Christmas Questions:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sho! We only resort to bags for last minute wrapping! It's a rule at our house!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, so much easier to keep up with, and you don't have to buy a new one every year

3. When do you put up the tree? I've only had a tree for 3 years, but I try to get it up as soon after Thanksgiving as possible

4. When do you take the tree down? when i get back in town from my parents house

5. Do you like eggnog? nopers!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember waking up and there being a trampoline in the backyard from Santa!!!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? 2 in fact! one from the holy land, and the Willow Tree angel nativity!

8. Hardest person to buy for? The brother's in law! I never know what to get boys!

9. Easiest person to buy for? varies every year, but the kids (niece & nephew) are usually pretty easy!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? um....i think i've blocked out any bad gifts!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? neither....yet

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone!!! Can't beat that childhood favorite!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I've been getting better at this! This year I started some time in early November!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You bet! My sister and I give each other stockings, so sometimes I throw random things I've picked up throughout the year...don't worry, i usually end up spending about $100 on her stocking, so a few regifted things are justified!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? wassail (does a drink count?)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear, no contest!

17. Favorite Christmas song? it's by andrew peterson, called "Labor of Love" so sweet, about how it wasn't easy for Mary!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Always home to Corpus for the holidays!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph - I cheated, the person before me had already done it, lame, i know!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? honestly, right now, a cowboy hat, but usually a star, to symbolize the star the wise men followed!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one on Christmas Eve, and its always pajamas that we wear that night!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? TRAFFIC!!!!

23. What I love most about Christmas? celebrating the gift of Jesus with family & friends! sorry, cheesy, I know!

speaking of...here's a few pics from Staff & spouses Christmas Party the other night...

love these ladies! yes, there were men at the party, just didn't get any pics of them!

Super Duper: free day off today because the church offices are moving!

Super Pooper: Will & Kristi are leaving on Saturday :(

No comments :