Friday, January 04, 2008

...not quite my shining moment...

Yesterday I stayed late at work, just getting some stuff done, getting ready for a retreat that I'm leaving for on Sunday. Anywho, it was almost 6, I was finishing up, there were still a few people in the office, but not many. I start to gather up my things, what all I had to take home, when I realize that I can't find my keys!!! Yikes! So, I search my purse, my office, no luck :( I realize that the last time I remember having them was earlier that morning, around 10:30...they could be anywhere!!! Oh, and when I say keys, I mean church keys, car keys, apartment keys, basically my whole life! So I found 2 girls down the hall and told them that I was going through the rest of the building (which if you don't know, our church is LARGE) to retrace my steps. The problem was that I didn't have my keys, so I wouldn't have any way to unlock any rooms that I may have left my keys in earlier in the day. So, I warn them that I may need to call them if I get locked out or something. So, off I go, on the hunt for my keys. Well then comes along this little man, he's in charge of all the printing for the church, he's always kind of annoyed me, but he offered to help me look, and unlock any doors with his keys. So we hunt, and we hunt, and we hunt, upstairs and downstairs and back upstairs, in and out and in and out of buildings for at least 20 mins, alas...no keys. So, back to my office to look through boxes that I haven't unpack, my new desk, etc. I wasn't panicked yet, but I was frustrated! So, I look in the draw where I had put my purse, no luck. Then I look in the other drawer...and there they are...laying in the top drawer, right where I had left them! Please allow me to explain, that this is a new office, and a new desk, so I don't have patterns of where I'm putting stuff yet, so I had just forgotten that I had put them there...anyways, alls well that ends well...I guess, right?

Super Duper: only 3 boxes left to unpack in my new office
Super Pooper: need to hang stuff on the walls...still have a ways to go in the decorating dept!

No comments :