Tuesday, March 25, 2008

...consider yourselves reprimanded...

Well, my dear friend Rebecca turned me onto Site Meter. It's the ultimate stalker!!! It not only shows you how many people visit your blog, but also shows you what city they are in, if they checked your blog from a link on another blog, if they used a link on your blog to read someone else's blog, etc. Sometimes I know exactly who it is, like when it says Williamsburg, VA...other times its more obscure, like Dallas, TX.

It's kind of addictive to see where people are checking in from. Sometimes it's weird though because its from random places like New York City...I don't know anyone who live in NYC...I guess that's just proof that you are on the world wide web, and you better be careful what you say, because there's no telling who's checking in on you!

So, back to the title of this blog. There are 2 things I would like to reprimand you blog readers out there for:
  1. You all are not very good at leaving comments. I mean, I understand, you don't have to leave a comment every time you stop by, but it'd be nice if you gave a shout out, so I had some clue who was reading...
  2. This is where I have real beef...all you blog readers out there that don't have your own blogs!!! It's not fair!!! You get to read our blogs, hear what's going on in our lives, but we don't get to read your stories!!!! I don't mind you reading, in fact, I prefer it, because I'd be sad if I didn't have any visitors, but return the favor!!! Just think, if you like reading our random ramblings, then we'll enjoy yours!! So go on, go to www.blogspot.com and create a blog! Then come back and leave me a comment letting me know your new url!!!

Ok, I'm done disciplining my readership! Really, this is all in gest, I don't mean to sounds like a tyrant, but please, take it into consideration. Thanks for humoring me!

Super Duper: this weekend is the LAST weekend of my 3-weekend class!!!

Super Pooper: been in a fuddy duddy mood today :(

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I can be the one to ease your mind about NYC. My name is Rachel Perez. I know Kristy Davis from Waco (we went to kindergarten-12 together) and I found your blog through her blog. I get bored at work often and have a bad habit of checking a million blogs a million times a day. I started just checking people I knew, but then have been reading friends of friends' blogs now for awhile. I assure you I'm not crazy :)
Have a nice rest of the day!

claymonster said...

Well, what about those of us who have a blog, but rarely update it? Hmm? Half-reprimanded?

The lack of comments is an issue - it's kind of the only way to know anyone actually read your posts... it's easy to assume you're boring the snot out of everyone when there are no comments.

Jen McCrady said...

I understand the comments thing. I feel slightly unloved if I don't get at least one comment on a blog. Isn't that sad? At least I know I'm not the only comment-seeking blogger out there :)

Anonymous said...

For the sake of the reprimand and our friendship I am commenting. I also want to make sure that you know why I cannot blog any longer (maybe that I work with psychotic people and don't want them tracking me down or invading my personal space). Mostly, however, I take this as a telephone reprimand, I hope we can connect on the phone soon, this weekend is my first free one this month!
~liesal (since I'm not a blogger)

Jennifer Roush said...

I have the same problem with Google Anayltics (web anayltics tool like site meter) - totally addicting!!! I totally wonder who's looking at my site from Russia - serioulsy - Russia!

Rebecca said...

SHOUT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!