Saturday, April 05, 2008

...follow up...

To understand this post, you need to be sure and have read the previous post (April 4)

I just had to share how good our God is!

So, today, I went to check my mail, which I don't do terribly often...once a week at best. I think I had checked it earlier this week, but it had probably been at least 3 or 4 days, so checking 2x in one week is rare, but I had the time and thought why not. There was a letter in there from my dad, postdated March 31...so it had probably been in there a few days. But today, the Lord guided me to check my mail, today.

What you have to know is that my dad sometimes has to send me documents, and chooses to insert a little personal note. When I say sometimes, I mean maybe a few random times throughout the year...not terribly often. Anyways, this is some of what the note said:

"These are the best days of your life...give it all you've got and give God the Glory. Remember, if it were easy, God wouldn't have chosen you to be where you are. An Awesome God makes an Awesome Kasey."


Just a pic of my dad with 2 of his grandsons.

Thanks for being so amazing and so in tune with the Lord that He can speak through you - and no, this isn't the first, and I'm sure it won't be that last time!


OK God, I get it! You don't like me getting all down on myself. I know you are in control, and honestly, I find it humorous how you choose to use people (my dad in this case) when they don't even realize how much truth they are speaking directly from You!

Thank you Lord for your perfect timing. Perfect timing in the small things, like me opening this letter today. Perfect timing in the big things, like when I'll meet my mate.

Thank you Lord for caring about me personally. Watching over me, knowing my deepest emotions, hurts, joys and yearnings.

Thank you for reminding me, ever so subtly, that you are in control, and I have to let go and submit to your plan, daily.

You are Awesome and its a joy to serve you...even in the valley.

Super Duper: Apartment, laundry, dishes, etc all looking better and making progress!!!
Super Pooper: It's a GLORIOUS day outside, and I'm stuck inside cleaning, when I'd MUCH rather be reading that new book out by the pool!

1 comment :

Leah said...

Hi Kasey! I confess I do read your blog b/c in many ways you put words to what I have felt so much. I too am in the same place. I do have a blog, but don't update it that often. lkgorham.blogspot.com