Friday, April 04, 2008

...the real me...

Often when I tell people that I have a blog, if they are not familiar with the blog world, they don't understand. They question the idea of keeping a journal that anyone and everyone can read. I quickly explain to them that a blog isn't necessarily a person's innermost thoughts, but rather can be funny anecdotes, random goings on, pictures, or some sort of list...just the idea of keeping up with people, it's handy and personal in an impersonal way.

Anywho, tonight, I defy what I have always said, that my blog is not my innermost thoughts. Tonight I'm in a contemplative mood, and thus, the rest of this post...

If I showed you the real me, you would know...

...that I don't always love being single, especially on nights like tonight when I have to show up at an event alone, and people are kind enough to point out, "Did you come alone?"

...that my relationship with Christ isn't what it should be, but then again, what exactly should it be?

...that I still miss my college friends, and long for a group of friends that hangs out, chills, eats, celebrates b-days, etc.

...that I secretly envy my friends who have found "the one"...and often wonder when's it my turn?

...that I wish I were a size 6.

I'm sure there's more, but that's plenty for tonight.

I may regret posting this, and then delete it...we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Super Duper: this amazing lady i know from church wrote a book of historical fiction on the desperate situation in Sudan, went to a book release party for it tonight. Check it out, purchase it - www.thecalling-novel.com - I haven't read it, but I bought it and will let you know. I'm SURE it's AMAZING!

Super Pooper: People constantly asking me when I'm graduating from seminary. Me telling them I still have another year and half. Then them trying to pretend like that's just around the corner...love them awkward moments!

4 comments :

Kristy said...

Sweet Kasey! Please know that we all feel like that from time to time. It is so hard to be happy right where you are in life. We all want something else or different from time to time. Know you are RIGHT where you are supposed to be and God is just working his magic. You are wonderful and lovable and life will fall just as it should. Just hang in there and know I think you are brave to offer such personal information when the rest of us keep it inside! Love you girl!

abby said...

Thanks for sharing real thoughts! Much more than other things that makes me feel connected to you even though we're so far away. I agree with Kristy that we all have those moments. God is so gracious to meet us right where we are.

On another note how sad that we missed the book release party! And just so you know a year and a half is just around the corner. Really, it will fly by. This semester wraps up fairly soon. Then you'll start the last semester before your last year of seminary!!!!!!!!!! Love you!

ruth.kern said...

I sympathize on the missing college friends and the graduation thing. All my friends are "adults" with jobs but I've got all this free time when I'm not studying, it gets lonely. And it's taken me 7 years to get to my first degree so I know all about the questions. I love you girl, and God is rooting for you along with all of us.

Jeff and Erin said...

Bubba Berry- just an Fyi... I love you and think you are incredibly awesome. You always speak truth to those who allow you into their lives and are a very loyal friend. As far as the degree at least you have one under your belt right now. I'm still a month away from my real one. Don't worry about what others think, you don't have anything to prove, you are who you are and where your supposed to be and thats what matters. I'm always here to listen anytime and will gladly throw up any pray requests i can for ya. I'll call this week to check up on you!!

This is Jeff BTW.