Sunday, May 11, 2008

...The Calling...

I've always wished I were a bigger reader than I am. When I do get into a book I usually can't put it down and am worthless til I finish it.

Well that happened to me this week!

Allow me to recommend The Calling.

A personal friend of mine wrote it!!! She's amazing and the novel is nothing short of amazing! It's gripping, a page turner, with an intense story line and unexpected twists & turns! Seriously, you won't regret this read.

Elizabeth Hankins is an advocate for human rights and has a passion for the crisis in Sudan. Her novel sheds light on the past 30 years of injustice that has taken place over there. It is eye opening and riveting!

Aside - I realize I may be biased about this, due to the personal connection, but I really don't think so, it truly is that great and worth the read.

Also, ALL of the proceeds from the book go to organizations like AidSudan & Living Water International...so just by purchasing this book, you're pitching in...in a small way!

You can purchase it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble (online or they can order it in the store, but they don't keep it in stock, yet...but if enough people buy it, they will!!!)

Enjoy! Let me know if you get it, and what you think!

ps - there's a sequel, not sure when it'll be out!

Super Duper: I think my hair may be the longest it has ever been in my life! Maybe I'll post a pick later...

Super Pooper: Can't decide if I'm ready for a new look, chop it? go for the bob? It'd be fun and dramatic, but I may miss these long tresses!

1 comment :

claymonster said...

thanks for the book review - I think I'll pick it up. The Sudan thing, especially the brutal child soldier situation, tears me up.

Oh, leave the hair long! (one man's opinion...)