Monday, November 17, 2008

...dumb tech support people...

I won't bore you with the details, but I have been in charge of implementing a new electronic check-in system for all preschool children and workers on Sunday morning. It is a system that is linked to our membership database, called Shelby. I often say that Shelby is my best friend and loves to gossip because she knows everyone's birthdays, addresses, how often they come to church, etc. She has a lot of different capabilities, like printing labels for specific groups of members, she can send mass emails, I think she can even call people through using a phone tree system. Yeah, she can be pretty amazing. She can also be super annoying! Part of the problem is though that much of what she can do is pre-set so its hard to customize something if you want to tweak the system for your specific needs.

All that to say that yesterday was the first time we attempted to use the new electronic check-in. It went pretty well, but there were a few things that I wanted to call the Shelby tech support and ask. When I did so today the lady was less than helpful and I really felt like I knew more about Shelby than she did. When I explained my problems or questions she just said, "Hmmm...that's weird." or "Um, I'm not sure there's a solution for that." Come to find out my smarvelous friend Claire is a Shelby expert and fixed one of my problems...Shelby should hire her! Grrr to incompetent tech support!

Super Duper: I finally won a fantasy football game!
Super Pooper: need to clean out my refrigerator...reeeeally badly!

No comments :