Sunday, November 16, 2008

...television series'...

Here's a list of the key shows that I try and watch/look forward to watching each week:
  • Dancing with the Stars
  • Biggest Loser
  • Without a Trace
  • Criminal Minds
  • Survivor
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
  • Amazing Race

I don't have cable but if I did, here are shows I would watch:

  • What not to Wear
  • John & Kate plus 8
  • Project Runway
  • Many many other home renovation/decorating shows

Do you notice a trend? Lots of reality shows & a few crime shows sprinkled in. Do you notice anything missing? A good comedy! Of course we all mourned the day Friends went off the air, and I personally have not been the same since Gilmore Girls said goodbye, and even thinking back to shows like Seinfeld, Felicity, Dawson's Creek...Yes, I miss those shows, but more than anything I want a new comedy to be taken with. Yes, I also know you are all going to tell me to watch The Office, but I'd like to hear some other recommendations, although let me warn you, I'm skeptical. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Super Duper: this is the most posts ever in a month

Super Pooper: didn't read much today

8 comments :

Kristy said...

I like Gary Unmarried. It just started this year and I think it's really cute and funny. That's pretty much the only comedy I watch.

Elaine said...

If I can't decorate my apt yet, I can at least decorate my blog!!

claymonster said...

I will suggest "My Own Worst Enemy" (NBC) but you'll need to catch up online with the previous episodes (helps explain the premise!).

I wish I could recommend "Heroes" but it has gotten horribly boring. If season three was supposed to atone for the sins of season two... this show is doomed.

Nice job getting in your post a day for November!!

Anonymous said...

The Office
Chuck
30 Rock
My Name is Earl (haven't watched it much myself, but it is funny)

Jeff and Erin said...

I'm kind of in love with 'How I met your mother', it is pretty hilarious. If you don't like the office then you probably wont like 30 rock - but it is pretty funny too.

SMT said...

How I Met Your Mother is Hilarious. I think you would like the humor they have on the show. Its my fave comedy. Monday nights, so you could watch it tonight!

Sarah Beth said...

THE OFFICE THE OFFICE THE OFFICE THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, side note, My Own Worst Enemy has just been cancelled, along with Lipstick Jungle, so don't get too attached!
Also, Kath & Kim is funny, and I also love 30 Rock.

claymonster said...

well, you can forget what I said about "My Own Worst Enemy" -- they're canceling it.
stupid tv.