Friday, November 21, 2008

...I <3 getting my haircut...

Some of you may already know this. This has not always been true of me, but since I moved to Houston and found Josephine's Day Spa & Salon...its a treat to get my haircut! I'm not sure if I've shared this as a blog post before...I hope not, if so, sorry!


Anywho, let me walk you through the process.


When I get there I check in and someone walks me to my stylist's chair (even though I know where it is). As I am walking back, they offer to get me something to drink and take my coat. I sit and Svetlana and I talk about what I want my hair to look like. We talk about length, layers, bangs, etc. Then she walks me back to the shampoo lady. The lighting is dimmed and serene music is playing. I close my eyes and enjoy the experience. The shampoo lady is more than a shampoo lady. While she is shampooing your hair its more like a head massage, not too rough though, nice and relaxing. After shampoo she sets some kind of conditioner in my hair and then wraps my head in a warm wet towel. While that sets, she puts some kind of mint oil in the palm of my hand and tells me to rub my palms together and then breath it in with 3 deep breaths. Next she comes over and gives me a hand massage using lotion. Then she unwraps my hair, rinses and sends me on to get my hair cut.


Svetlana is very nice and has a great Russian accent. She loves my hair and ALWAYS tells me what great hair I have. I have no clue if she tells everyone this...but who cares? I feel like she really means it, and that's enough for me! She always styles my hair, asks me what I like, or if I want her to show me something different. Of course, it always looks awesome, the only problem is I can never make it look that good.


A few other things I love about Josephine's:
-They refuse gratuities!!! Such a simple thing, but always hated figuring out how much to leave, and I hated having to leave a tip at all, I am paying for the haircut, why should they need even more of my money?
-If you refer a friend, they send you a gift certificate worth $25, which I think is awesome!
-If you don't go in for several months (which I often don't), they also send you a card for $25!

If you live in Houston, you should try it! Oh, and tell them Kasey sent you, I'll get that $25! If you don't live in Houston, I hope you have a place that you love as much as I do!

Super Duper: wearing jackets and scarves!
Super Pooper: feeling like I don't have many warm clothes

1 comment :

Sarah Beth said...

I am SO going there the next time I get my hair done! No gratuities??? AMAZING!
Just the way their website describes the salon makes me feel relaxed! Do they really touch up your makeup when you get a haircut?
LOVE it!