Friday, November 07, 2008

...things to do in 2008...

posting every day is a bit challenging...so, at the risk of being random, here's a list of things I need to do before the close of 2008...
  • order my HDTV converter box thing
  • read 4 books for seminary, and write papers over each of them
  • study for finals
  • turn 26
  • Christmas shopping
  • brainstorm and begin working on the guest bags for my sister's wedding...supposedly I'm in charge of these...lucky me! do my recently married readers have any creative suggestions?...think tropical!
  • go on a date - HA!
  • register for classes for Spring 2009
  • start planning VBS 2009!
  • get a hair trim
  • decorate for Christmas...the only holiday I actually bother to get extra decorations out for!
  • Thanksgiving with the fam (I know its a given, but still, its something I'm going to do, so it merits being on the list!)
  • attend an estimated 12 Christmas parties!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS AT TALLOWOOD!

That's the bulk of what I can think of for now...

Super Duper: random phone calls from my nephews just because they have begged their mom to let them call me!!! now that's love!

Super Pooper: my dad and I were talking today about money, loans, car payments, budgeting, time lines, salary, stocks, retirement...all of it is gross and can be overwhelming, so I choose not to think about it!

3 comments :

Elaine said...

There are ways my friend...I'll never tell my secrets!

Elaine said...

Hmmm...water bottles, a salty snack (goldfish, pretzles, nuts), a sweet snack (m&ms, cookies), and then to make it tropical...a mini suncreen bottle, maybe bright cheap flipflops, a flower lei thing? If money is unlimited...a beach towel and a water camera!

Anonymous said...

Silly girl. It's not an HDTV converter box. It won't give you HDTV. It's only a digital converter box, that converts the new digital signal to analog so your TV can see it. It's just translating. Like Spanish to English, only the Spanish is like 10 times better picture!