Wednesday, December 17, 2008

...one crazy day...

today was a day that had a few unexpected twists.

the first one, was shocking and upsetting.

I don't usually check my school email very often, but have been recently because I'm dealing with some stuff about my classes next Spring. Anywho, I opened an email that informed me that my professor from this past semester had passed away! I initially thought I had read it wrong and just sat in my office in shock. He was a vibrant, crazy, hysterical, passionate, sweet little old man. Yes, this is the man that embarrassed me in front of the whole class about finding a husband, yes, this is the man that had our whole class out to his house North of Conroe and bought us all lunch at the Country Club. I just can't believe it. He was fine 2 weeks ago. Even brought his little girlfriend to class the day of the final. Needless to say I am very sad, but am glad that he was living a perfectly happy life up until the end. I hope to make it to the funeral on Friday.

So, I went about my day, taking care of things for an event we had tonight called Celebrate Jesus. We have a family with a little baby dress up as Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. They stand in a sweet little stable with hay and goats and sheep for children to come pet and take pictures with. We also have a riding camel and donkey, hot chocolate, cookies, ornaments to decorate, and costumes for them to dress up like little shepherds. It's precious, one of my favorite special events we do all year. It started at 5:30 and was supposed to go til 7:30. Until about 6:05 when all the power went out on the whole church campus. Granted, a lot of what we had going on was outside, we also had dinner in the pitch black gym. After the lights hadn't come back on after about 10 minutes our Education Minister made the decision that we had to close the event down :( I was super sad. A lot of families had just arrived and didn't have time to see Mary, Joseph & baby Jesus or ride any of the animals. It was such a bummer.

They have been doing major construction in the neighborhood and we think they hit a major line or transformer or something. Super lame coincidence of events :(

So, that was my weird day.

Super Duper: done with my Christmas shopping!
Super Pooper: high tuition for my Spring semester because I'm taking 2x as many hours as I normally do

No comments :