Tuesday, December 16, 2008

...open house...

I was supposed to do this yesterday, but my laptop wouldn't read the SD card to get the pictures, so here is a little tour of my apartment decorated for Christmas. Prepare to be underwhelmed, its not anything super exciting, but its enough for little ole me!

This is my tree! Unfortunately I never really finished decorating it. I only managed to put my unique ornaments up, usually I put up some basic red, gold & purple ornaments and garland to create some consistency, but that didn't happen. Oh, and I know it's missing a topper, and a skirt, oops. Its my tree and I like it and that's what matters!

This is my favorite nativity scene! I just found the perfect spot for it this year!

This is another nativity scene that I love. It was my first to personally own. Preschool leadership gave it to me a few Christmases ago. It's made of Olive wood from the Holy Land! I leave it out all year round!

Last year Preschool leadership gave me this nativity, I guess they are starting me a collection! It's really cool and has this light underneath that shines different colors!

Another one of my favorite decorations is this bowl of ornaments. Jamie gave the bowl and the ornaments to me last year for Birthday/Christmas! Each ornament has a different word that describes me written in a cool font! Talk about cheesy, but I love it! Oh, and there's exactly 25 since I was 25 last year! I use the bowl year round too!

I have officially started collecting "JOY" Christmas items. This is a cookie/treat dish that spells out JOY. I have several ornaments and other items that are focused on the JOY that came to Earth that first Christmas!

Speaking of ornaments, here are a few of my faves:

gold chandelier that I got from my bloggy ornament exchange! I love it! Then, of course, I have a few ladybug ornaments that I love! And my newest Joy ornament that my sister bought me for my birthday!


Super Duper: only have one last present to buy for all the members of my family!
Super Pooper: wishing I were home for the holidays already

1 comment :

Jeff and Erin said...

love the decor Kasey!