Sunday, March 01, 2009

...Sunday afternoon...

Today I was having lunch with a friend and she asked me what I was going to do this afternoon. I replied saying maybe nap, maybe read for school, but that I wasn't sure why, but it felt like I hadn't had my Sunday afternoon chill time in a long time. And then it dawned on me, duh, last week I had to make an unexpected trip to the airport, and the 5 Sundays before that I was playing volleyball!

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing volleyball, but all of a sudden I felt like I had been given a gift! I was getting to go home at 1:30pm and have a Sunday afternoon to myself I didn't realize how much I had missed this! What a treat!

So, naturally, I came home and conked out...slept for 2 hours! And now I'm contemplating doing some early packing or running a few errands...we'll see if I can convince myself to get off the couch before night church to do either of those things.

So my question for you: What do you do on Sunday afternoons?

I know everyone loves pics, so here's a pic of Rebs & I at a beautiful wedding on Saturday

Super Duper: love my haircut/shape up
Super Pooper: some guy clocked me on the thumb during broomball and now my knuckle is bruised :(

2 comments :

T said...

I napped for about 2 hours too. Now I am going to try to be productive with some things on my to-do list. I almost always take a nap on Sundays!

Janelle said...

Hmmm... Sundays, they are usually exhausting, but I really think they might be one of my fav days of the week. I love my church and getting to see the church fam (lol, all 40 of us) and we usually eat with friends, and then there is the cat naps in the afternoon (not 2 hours - but it's usually at least 20 mins - depends on how long Lib sleeps for her nap) then we have high school Bible study in the evening and staff meetings afterwards. It makes for a long, but lovely day.
Glad you had a chance to relax today... we all need that every now and then. :)
PS~ who's wedding? Anyone I know?