Friday, August 07, 2009

...update...

I've been a horrible blogger lately, so I thought I would just do a generic update...

...last weekend I went to McAllen for my cousin's wedding. The rehearsal dinner was literally down the road from the house that my grandpa built and my dad grew up in. It was really neat to see all the land they owned and farmed. The day of the wedding was actually the anniversary of when my grandma passed away last year, kind of bittersweet. One of the highlights of the rehearsal was when one of my cousin's (the groom's sister) got up to the microphone during the toasting time and said she wasn't sure whether my Mamaw would be happy for or jealous of Randy (the groom). This is hilarious because my Mamaw always especially loved Randy, but was also always on the hunt for a husband herself.

...this is my first chill weekend at home since May!!! I do need to do massive cleaning on the apartment, but mainly I'm just being a bum and then going to a movie and dinner with Jamie! Ah, yes, sounds amazing!

...as my previous post mentions, I have officially turned in my final assignment for seminary. This is somewhat a surreal and anticlimactic moment. Yes, it's terribly exciting, but hasn't quite sunk in. I think in a few weeks when classes start back up, it will feel real! Then in December when I get my diploma, that might seal the deal. None the less, it's exciting!

...August should be somewhat low key...that is until my sister has her baby!!!! Unless Macie McKaren Collier decides to come early, Kristy will be induced on Wednesday, August 26. I'm on tap to be the helper, the driver, the what ever is needed person Wednesday - Saturday, sounds good to me! Might be exhausting, but those first few days with a newborn are precious!

...I am BEYOND excited for a fun-filled-way-too-short girls weekend (or 24+ hours really) with my lovely ladies, Lainey & Em!!!! We finally figured out a way to make a quick get together weekend work on the Sunday & Monday of Labor Day!!! Wooohooo!!! Can't wait!

That's about all that's on the horizon. Should be a good next few weeks all in all! Oh, and sorry for a lack of posts with pictures, my camera is dead. I'm trying to make do with my iphone until I can get another camera, but I never think to whip it out and take any pictures. I'll try and do better!

Much love! Have a super weekend!

No comments :