Monday, September 21, 2009

...this weekend...

I give you this lame weekend recap because I wanted something to post and didn't want to have to think of something more exciting, so, here you have it!
Thursday afternoon I headed to Katy's and stayed at her house with her 3 boys. I got to take Brady to his first basketball practice, he was really excited that I got to watch him practice! Blake took this picture, Brady is the one in blue looking at the camera giving a thumbs up!



Pic Blake & I took during practice...notice the horrible quality of iphone pics...awesome, dang I need to get a real camera!


Katy & I stayed up late working on necklaces and a belt buckle - don't know why this pic is sideways, it's not sideways in the album on my computer :( just turn your head, you get the idea, yes, I made this! woohoo! can't wait to wear it to the rodeo next spring!



Friday I helped get the boys ready and off to school and then headed to Kristy's so that I could go have lunch with Ashlyn at her school, this was her request. I love that my sisters only live about 15 mins apart!
Friday night Kristy & I took all 3 of her kids over to Katy's so that we could have dinner together. This was complete craziness. So fun, but imagine (2) 7 year olds, a 4 year old, a 2 year old, an 18 month old and a 3 week old. It's a major ordeal to get them all together, but I wouldn't miss it for the world! These kiddos crack me up and I love spending time with them!
Once we got home we put all the kids to bed and I told Kristy to head to bed and that I would do Macie's late night feeding. I went to bed around 2am - good times!
Then Saturday Kristy went and got her nails done, so I kept all 3 kids. It really wasn't that bad. Then Ashlyn, Cole & I went to Blake's (the 4 year old) soccer game. This was hysterical and I regret to inform you that I do not have any photos of this event, mainly because Ashlyn & Brady were playing with my phone for most of the game.
I headed back to Houston after the game and made it just in time for Saturday night church.
I tell you all of this to prove to you what an amazing Aunt I am. Hahaha, just kidding, no really, I share this with you to say that I love spending time with my family, even when it's hectic and a bit crazy, they make my heart happy! I love love love the relationships that I have with my nieces and nephews and I hope that it stays that way. I hope that as they get older I am someone they can call when they need an adult that isn't their parent to listen and understand, or that they want to come visit me and stay with me for the weekend. A weekend like this makes me wonder how my sisters do it! I get to be exhausted for about 48 hours, but then I come back home and collapse, they do it 24/7...I hope someday I can put into practice what I have learned from them! Being a mom is completely selfless and I admire them for how they love and care for their kids! Some day...some day...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I just wanna know who ever doubted that you were an amazing aunt? I'll beat them up because you're the most fantastic aunt I've ever known and those kiddies are so lucky to have you!
~liesal
p.s. let's talk soon (although I officially have some event every weekend for the rest of the year) i'll try to call soon!