Monday, November 02, 2009

...swap party...

Two weeks ago my friends & I had a swap party! A few of us had heard about it and wanted to give it a try. Here's the idea. We all have clothes/stuff that we never wear/use. Weather you lost weight, gained weight or redecorated a room, you know your closets are full of things that others could be enjoying! So we all cleaned out our closets and pooled together our shoes, purses, jewelry, tops, bottoms, movies, books and a few random housewares.

There are a few different ways that you can set it up. You can each bring your items and barter with each other, or you can give out tickets for each item you bring, making sure you only make a one-to-one exchange for every item you brought. We chose to make it a free for all, not worrying about if someone brought more than another person or if someone else left with more than you. Giving away stuff that you weren't using was enough benefit.

Here's some of our collection:

It was SUPER fun to see your friends get so excited about getting "new" pants or shirts or purses. I'm not sure if it always works this way, but we had a good range of sizes and things that no longer fit one person, looked GREAT on another friend! Seriously, a few of the girls walked out with several bags of loot! The whole process was just really fun, trying on clothes, making outfits, saying, "oh, this would look great on you, try it on!"

I've been carrying a purse I got at the swap and have gotten several compliments on it! I also just watched a movie that I picked up at the swap and thoroughly enjoyed it! I would highly recommend the swap, and if you decide to have one, invite me!

Random thought or comment for the day: I just found out tonight that my hair stylist lives right below me! Seriously! We ran into each other in the parking lot tonight! That reminds me, I need a haircut!

2 comments :

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

fun idea!!

Sarah said...

that looks like so much fun! i might have to steal the idea!