Monday, November 23, 2009

Cutting it close

Woops, I almost forgot to post today! Busy evening, dinner with friends to celebrate a dear friend's birthday! Then we headed back to one of their houses to watch the Finale of DWTS. It was slightly disappointing, can't wait to see who wins tomorrow.

In other news, I lost my FF game...BY ONE POINT!!!! Heartbreaking! If I had only played a different Tight End...if, if, if...

Random thought/fact of the day: I heard recently that if you have the hiccups and someone walks up to you and says, "purple," that the randomness of it will distract your mind and you will no longer have the hiccups. My dad ALWAYS tried to scare the hiccups out of us...maybe this is the same tactic, but with different execution? Thoughts on this? Please share!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment :

Sarah Beth said...

I know that the theory behind scaring the hiccups out of people is because when someone is startled they'll often take a big gasp of air, which often interrupts the spasm going on in your diaphragm, ending the hiccups. The theory behind distracting the mind, not so sure....it's never worked for me. I've always been able to get rid of them by holding my breath.