Saturday, November 21, 2009

...productive weekend???

Here's my list from yesterday, let's see how I did:
  • find subs to help in preschool on Sunday morning - check!
  • make belt buckle for my sisters' jewelry business - check!
  • clean out closet in bedroom - not so much
  • get out Christmas decorations - nopers
  • pick up a few things for a shower I'm helping host tomorrow - check!
  • get a few groceries for some dips I'm going to make, and pick up a few other things - check!
  • lounge and enjoy my day off - most definately, check!
  • have the maintenance guy come and check my toilet, the handle part isn't working, yes I can still use the toilet, just have to remove the lid to make it flush...annoying - check!
Not too shabby, huh?  Too bad the 2 things I didn't do were things that really should have gotten done.  Ah well, they were just tooo easy to put off, neither one of them HAD to be done yesterday...ah well, let's be positive and focus on the rest of the list that I DID get done!

OK, now it's time for a story.  A self depricating story, but hopefully it makes you laugh, and therefore is worth my humliation.

So, this morning I had a trashbag with food in it that needed to be taken out.  Of course, I live in an apartment and the dumpster is in the corner of the parking lot.  Not terribly far from my apartment, but far enough that it's out of my way.  I was headed out to get some Starbucks as a treat on my day off and took the previously mentioned trash bag down with me on my way to S-bucks.

When I stepped outside I realized it was raining, not the best time to take the trash out, but I didn't want to leave the bag with food in it in my apartment.  Often times I will just walk over to the dumpster, toss the trash, and then back to my car.  Yes, it involves some backtracking.  So, sometimes, in attempt to be lazy save time I am known to leave my driver's side door open, holding the trash outside the car and slowly drive over to the dumpster.  Today, since it was raining, I really didn't want to walk over to the dumpster and then back to my car.  So, I opted to hold the trash with my door propped open, only it was raining.  And of course, I couldn't let me or my car get wet, so I also held an umbrella over my propped open car door, sheilding me, my seat, and the trash from the rain.  I can only imagine what someone thought if they saw this strange act!

Sorry if I didn't do a good job describing this.  I just wanted to know, am I the only one that does stuff like this?  If you live in an apartment and have done similar acts, please share!

Random thought/fact of the day: My sister, Katy, and I have decided that we will brave the crowds and join all the crazies that will be out early on Black Friday for amazing deals!!! This is only my second year to join the madness, hoping to nock off another good chunk of names on my Christmas list.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

PS - I updated my blogger editor, but now there's no spell check.  Anyone out there know what happened to it?

3 comments :

Leah said...

Hi Kasey! I love your daily blog updates for NaBloPoMo. In my old apt in FL, I did the same thing you did with your trash. Only, I couldn't stand the ding-ing noise of the open door so I rolled the window down. My ghetto neighbors put their trash on hoods/trunks but I didn't want to ruin my paint. =)

Lindsay said...

I switched to the new editor and then switched back. I didn't like it as much! And I have no idea what happened to spell check either!

Elaine said...

How on earth do you drive, hold a bag of trash, hold your car door open and hold an umbrella?? Have you been hiding a third arm all these years?