Thursday, November 19, 2009

...Single Moment #4...

Today I was filling out a form to give Southwestern accurate information about how to best contact me, since I will now be an alumni! For those of you who are married this might not seem like that big of a deal, but I just had to laugh by the time I got to the end of this form. One reminder after another that I am in fact single, no, not married. See for yourself:

The first thing I had to do was circle my title: Miss (yes, I'm single)

Then on the name line these were the items I had to include: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Maiden Name (thanks for the reminder, I'm not married, my maiden name IS my last name)

After I had given them my home and office addresses it asked for my spouse's information. I'll have to leave that area blank, thanks for rubbing it in.

The next question was, "Is spouse a graduate of SWBTS?" What spouse? Please note previous section is BLANK!!!

The next section wanted information on my children. I'm relatively sure that if I had children, but wasn't married, I wouldn't have been admitted to SWBTS (unless there were extenuating circumstances). So no, I'm not married, and I don't have kids.

So far all of these various questions reguarding my marital status were not particularly bothersome, seemed somewhat normal. The next section was by far the icing on the cake. The next 3 questions read as follows (note: answers in blue are how I wanted to respond):

If you are single, do you plan to get married in the next 3 months? It's opptimistic, but I suppose anything is possible.

What is his/her name? Mr. Right

Date of wedding: 3 months from today


Hope you got as big a kick out of that as I did...yet another moment where I felt extremely single, good thing I can laugh about it. Good times, good times.

Random thought/fact of the day: Sarah Beth Rowe is my favorite blogger because she often leaves comments. Sorry guys, don't take offense, just let it inspire you to join her in leaving more comments!

2 comments :

claymonster said...

They REALLY like to rub it in, eh? Wow. I'd give them a call and suggest they tone it down a bit. It ain't 1954.

Sarah Beth said...

YAY! Thanks for the mention!! I can't believe that form asks about being married within 3 months of graduation...CRAZY!!! Some days those kinds of things just drive me nuts, glad you could take it in stride and have a good laugh!