Monday, January 11, 2010

...I'm back...

Wowsers, I don't think I've ever gone that long without blogging before! I hope I still have some readers that come by to check in! Anywho, allow me to give you the reader's digest version of what I've been up to for the past 3 or so weeks.

Monday, Dec 21 - headed to Corpus to spend Christmas with my fam, my sister Katy, and her 3 boys were already there

Tuesday, Dec 22 - opened Christmas presents (round 1) with Katy and her family

Wednesday, Dec 23 - Katy's family went back to Academy

Thursday, Dec 24 - Kelly & Brandon arrive in Corpus, had a fun Christmas Eve going to my home church and spending time with people I grew up with!

Friday, Dec 25 - CHRISTMAS DAY! Opened presents with my parents and Kelly & Brandon (round 2), lounged in our pjs all day and made yummy enchiladas!

Saturday, Dec 26 - shopped good after Christmas sales, then Kristy and her 3 kids arrived in the late afternoon, opened presents with them that night (round 3)

Sunday, Dec 27 - Kelly & Brandon left

Monday Dec 28 - Wednesday, Dec 30 - hung out in Corpus with my parents, Kristy & her kids.

Thursday, Dec 31 - my mom & I headed back to Houston to sleep through the New Year!

Friday, Jan 1 & Saturday, Jan 2 - my mom & I did INTENSE deep cleaning of my apartment! It was amazing! Great cleaning out, and even some sprucing up! Good times!

Sunday, Jan 3 - my dad had come up on Sat nite to pick up my mom, so they went to church with me, then headed home.  Then a friend of mine had flown in to Houston and she & I headed off to our annual Preschool & Children's Ministers retreat at Camp Allen

Monday, Jan 4 - Wednesday, Jan 6 - wonderful time with my preschool & children's minister friends! Hung out, shared ideas, laughed, (they) cried, cooked, sat by the fire, had deep and meaningful conversations...truly a wonderful and beneficial retreat!

Thursday, Jan 7 - exhausted from the retreat, worthless at work.  Went to see A Chorus Line off Broadway with Jamie.

Friday, Jan 8 & Saturday, Jan 9 - did as little as possible!!!! Lounged, vegged, how else to I say it?  My sweet friend Rebs came over and did nothing with me, which is always more fun!!! We both had had a crazy few weeks and just needed to recoup! I can honestly say, I woke up this morning, ready to go!

So, now you know what I did over the holiday! I hope you are all doing well, and I promise, I will try to post more often!

Poll: When you refer to 2010, do you say: a) two-thousand ten, b) twenty-ten, c) Oh-ten

3 comments :

The Gist Fam said...

I love the "(they) cried" comment....oh so true!

Sarah Beth said...

Twenty-ten for me! Glad you're back and feeling refreshed!

Elaine said...

Its a tie between a and b. I think I'm leaning toward b. Miss you friend!