Wednesday, March 01, 2006

...get your crunk on...

That's right. I said it. Get your crunk on.

For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about (which I'm sure is 99.9% of you) allow me to explain.

Last night I went to a "Family Force 5" concert. My assumption is that none of you have heard of this group. Well neither had I. Let's just say last night was a once in a lifetime experience, not necessarily because I will never be offered to experience something like that again, but moreso because I may never choose to subject myself to something like that again.

Now don't get me wrong, overall I had fun. It was definately a memorable experience, but not one that I'm sure I'm dying to repeat.

Allow me to sum up the evening.

I knew this was sketchy when we didn't even meet to go to the concert till 8:00. So we get to the Engine Room (a bar in Downtown Houston) around 9 and there were maybe 50 people there, parking wasn't even a problem. Sign #2 that this was I was in for a "treat". So about 20 mins later a band comes on stage and starts rocking, hard core. For those of you who know me well, do you really see me at a hard rock concert? It was crazy loud and I couldn't understand a word the guy was saying. And to make matters worse, at one point he through out the double birds (you know, the finger). It was so not my style, that I couldn't help but crack up. I sat there laughing the entire time they were on stage, wondering what I was doing there.

So next up was this other hard, but not quite as loud group. I found myself enjoying them more, and suddenly realized, they were singing Christian lyrics. I was so impressed. I had to wonder if the other people in the bar realized, or if they just jammed along, not even thinking about the lyrics. Anyhow, I was impressed. I mean, I knew the "Family Force 5" were Christian guys, but this was just the little band before them. And after a few songs, the lead guy even said, "We all just want you to know that the only reason we are here is for our Jesus Christ." Man, I was impressed. In the end, they had won me over, I like them.

So, finally, around 11:15 "Family Force 5" gets on stage. Again, they were hard and loud, but by this point I had kind of warmed up to it. They were good, more so hilarious. They acted absolutly rediculous on stage. Dancing all crazy and shameless, singing silly songs about Drama Queens and other crazy things. And of course these guys all had "the look". It was interesting. Rebecca and I danced around a little, the lamo other people we were with just sat there, but in the end it was a good time.

I so desperately wanted to hear no other music the whole way home, but the guy that was driving played some soft tunes. Even that was tooo much for me, my ears needed a break!!!

Anyhow, I survived, made a memory, and never really intend to repeat the events of last night.

Oh yeah, and the "Family Force 5" is all about getting your crunk on!

Super Duper: LIESAL'S COMING TO VISIT!!! I haven't been this excited about something in a really long time!!! :)

Super Pooper: A headache that won't go away. Literally and figuratively.

1 comment :

claymonster said...

Welllllll...
As one of the 'lamos' who just sat there, I have to say I might have jumped up and got my crunk on had there been some more bodies in the room. That opening band you liked is called "Type Nine", btw.
We'll have to find more appropriate bands to which we can drag you, maybe something with a little less ear-damage...
~peace~