Saturday, March 04, 2006

...an unexpected evening...

Last night I had made plans with my lovely friend Mandy to meet for dinner. She and Daniel were coming to pick me up at 6:30. Then Annetta called and said that there was a group that was going ice skating around 7:30-8:00. So I said I would call Rebecca and we'd probably meet up with them.

Well, with traffic and running late and all Mandy, Daniel and Rebecca and I didn't get to PF Changs till about 8:00. So we ate, and then decided to meet up with Annetta, Will, Jeremy, Heather and Liz to ice skate. So then Mandy and I realized that we didn't bring socks. So we run by Target first and pick out some socks. By the time that we get to the rink it was 9:40 and skating was over at 10:00. So we decided that it wasn't worth paying for. But the others who were already there did a fabulous job entertaining us. They would skate by us and do silly things or pretend to fall. It really was quite entertaining. And I had never hung out with Jeremy, Heather or Liz, so it was good to meet new people. Well like I said, skating ended at 10:00, so they got off the ice and Annetta invited us all back to her place for coffee.

I gave Mandy and Daniel and easy out, realizing that they may or may not want to go. So they opted out and Rebecca and I just caught a ride with Will to Annetta's place. Now what else makes this story interesting is that Annetta just moved into her place yesterday! And it looked quite nice already. So anyways, we get there, take a tour, look around, get settled, everyone gets coffee, Jeremy eats some PF Chang leftovers, we're all just hanging out, having good conversation and all.

Well somewhere along the way I think it was Rebecca who said we should pray over Annetta's new apartment. Everyone thought it was a good idea, but we all kind of just kept talking. Annetta had her guitar out, and kept asking Jeremy (who is a worship leader) to lead us in a few songs. He was resistant, but instead just strummed some nice chords for us as background music.

Anyways, to make a long story even longer, Annetta all of a sudden said, "I know" and ran upstairs. She came back down with Bible in hand and read a scripture to us that she had really been enjoying lately. That's when it all started. Jeremy was strumming and we were worshipping. We all took time to pray and and lift up her house and those who would enter it. It was so cool. We would intermittently sing and then someone else would pray. It was the sweetest impromptu time of worship! We had talked about doing it, but noone ever officially said, "okay, let's pray", we just did it. I don't even know how long we worshipped, but before we all knew it it was after 12:30. Oh, it was amazing.

I'm so grateful to have people in my life who will enter into worship like that together on a random, unplanned, Friday night. Sometimes that's the best way!

Super Duper: Its beautiful today!!
Super Pooper: My throat started hurting yesterday and now I'm kind of stopped up!!! Not cool!

No comments :