Wednesday, March 15, 2006

...no one asked me if I wanted to grow up...

Because if they had, I would have said "no." Lately the responsibility and stress of being an adult has really got me down. Sometimes I think I can't handle it anymore. Its all too much. I don't like being in charge, I don't like taking care of taxes, paying bills, having to take vacation days just to spend some time away, living on a budget. I don't like being expected to always do the "right" thing. I don't like having to think ahead and be prepared, to handle situations. I don't like worrying about getting my oil changed and how much money is in my checking account. I don't like stress and I don't like being a grown up. I don't like juggling work and school and life in general.

Okay, maybe that was a little dramatic, but I had to get it out. Lately it seems like it's overwhelming. Right now its just feels like its coming at me from every direction and I can't keep my head above water.

Some people say that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. I strongly disagree with that. I think the Lord gives us more than we can handle on our own, but He NEVER gives us more than we can handle WITH Him. So, may I only rely on Him through the stress and know that He is my Rock.

Super Duper: Going to Temple tomorrow for a few short days with the fam and Brady's b-day party! :)
Super Pooper: Major paper due Monday, not sure when its going to get done.

No comments :