Friday, September 15, 2006

...hip hop hippity hop hop...

That's right, I said it, HIP HOP!!! Many of you already know, but my most recent experience with a hip hop class is definitely worth a post!!! Let me begin by saying that it was my beautiful friend, Mandy's idea! Then after seeing "Step Up" with a group of girlfriends they were talking about taking a hip hop class. So, long story short, this past Monday 5 of us went and checked out a hip hop class.

Let me clarify. This was not just an aerobics hip hop class, no no. It was at a real dance studio downtown. Now don't get me wrong, it was a beginners class, and it is just for exercise and enjoyment, there's not going to be a recital or anything(unless my friends and I put together our own little show...hahahaha).

So we walk in a few mins early and watch the end of a pretty good tap class. The instructor was this big, meaning built and "swoll", intense black dude (I only include his race because it helps you understand the class better). They were all sweating and working pretty hard. So I'm sitting there thinking, I hope he's not our instructor. Well wouldn't you know it, he was!!!

It ended up being great. He was super intense (think drill sargent), but motivational and serious about his dance. He started with a 30 min "warm up" that really got our hearts going! Then we spent an hour learning steps and moves and going over and over them again. It was HILARIOUS!!! Man, you can be guaranteed that we were all dripping of sweat!!!

Overall, it was a GREAT workout! Rebecca and I were painfully sore the next 2 days, but it was worth it! I think most of us plan on going back, and we may have picked up a few others who are interested too!!! I'll keep you posted, literally, hahhaa, I'm a dork!!

Super Duper: It's the weekend!
Super Pooper: I have to work ALL day tomorrow!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

ok it sounds SUPER INTENSE

and now you have to check my xanga b/c I definitely just updated
http://www.xanga.com/suzanne291