Saturday, September 09, 2006

...a series of events...

I have been thinking lately (yes, I know, that can get me in trouble) about the way in which things occur in our life. I fully believe in the sovereignty of our Lord and His divine providence, which means that I must accept that the events of my (our) life (lives) are no mistake. In fact, they are perfectly orchestrated by our omnipotent Father and Creator.

On one hand, this is very comforting. To know that He is in control, watching out for us, and has a plan. We need not worry. We simply need to seek His face so that we can be confident that we are following His will for our lives.

On the surface it sounds so simple, and "taken care of." But I find the difficulty in interpreting the events that He allows to happen in my life. What do they mean? Why did He allow this or that? And I don't always mean a bad event, but even just what are you trying to tell me? Am I missing it? I don't want to miss it. I want to be in the center of God's will, after all, that's the safest place in the world. But how do I know that I'm in the center of God's will? Honestly, there have been times in my life that He has given me confirmation that I was in fact in the center of His will, not for account of anything that I did right or wrong, but just through His goodness He blessed me and showed me clearly His will.

So my question is...how do we fall out of that will? Have I stopped listening? Why can't I hear Him as clearly? And if I'm not necessarily in the center of His will, is it possible to even just be on the target, but not exactly on the bull's eye? Or if you're not on the bull's eye is it just as well to be 5 miles off?

The Will of God, so confusing, but after all, maybe that's the way it is supposed to be. His ways are not our ways, and for that I am grateful.

Super Duper: I have a new favorite dessert at a restaurant right across the street from me...this could be dangerous!!!
Super Pooper: Lots of reading that I need to do before Monday.

2 comments :

Jana Pinson said...

Sweet Kasey - I'm trying to remember when you have chosen incorrectly.... when have you been OUT of God's will? Moving to Houston? Nooo that was quite confirmed. Your current job??? Hmmm that can't be it. Choosing Baylor as a school....hmm I don't think it is that one - ok maybe a decision to go on a few dates that you might not want to remember - no - not so much. God directs your path when he knows your heart completely wants to please him. Part of His "todo" list is to make sure you know when you are OUT of His will or heading that way. So maybe you should be confused by the things that don't feel right rather than worry that the things that feel right might not be what HE wants. Keep walking enjoy the sweetest of being in His will and keep seeking Him. His Will will be rolled out in front of you - even if it takes a hard turn He will still keep it right in front of you with peace.

Jana Pinson said...

Ohhh wait - maybe you should raise an Ebenezer - you know the line in the old hymn - "here I raise mine Ebenezer..." It was a memorial stone that said "Thus far the Lord has been with me" ... Leave a few stones on your landscape!