Sunday, March 25, 2007

...waiting...

I had this conversation with my friend the other day, and it occurred to me that it seems like we are all waiting on something.


I have one friend who is waiting to get engaged, hoping it will happen any time now.

Then another friend who is engaged, but they haven't set a date yet and she is just patiently waiting for her wedding day.

Me on the other hand, I'm waiting for my prince charming.

Some people are waiting to go to college,

Some waiting to move

Some waiting for a new job

the list goes on and on and on...


So why do we live our lives waiting? Why does it seem that we are never satisfied with our current situation? Always looking ahead, assuming that the grass is greener up ahead?

I would like to suggest that it has something to do with the fact that since the future hasn't happened yet, in our minds it is better than the present. Because in our minds the future is picturesque.

Why do we insist on doing this? Why isn't right now good enough?

I don't think it's horrible to think that good things lie ahead, but are we living for the future, for things to come?

I pray that I don't miss something today because I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and the same for you as well.

This has been deep thoughts with kasey...haha!

Super Duper: I switched to a new perfume, and I really like it!
Super Pooper: I still haven't started that assignment that is due on Friday!!

3 comments :

Elaine said...

those were deep thoughts. and I completely agree. good blogging ( :

Kristy said...

I agree also, I am currently waiting on this little blob to turn into a baby! But you are right, i'm trying to relish the present!

claymonster said...

...and now we're waiting on one more thing...

A new post!