Saturday, October 13, 2007

...you're the only 10-I-see...

the past 7 days have been great, long, eventful, hectic, educational, fun, entertaining, well-traveled, tiring, worth-while, and great for seeing old friends and making new ones.

For those of you who aren't clued in, I left last Sunday for a National Preschool & Children's Ministry Conference in Nashville, TN. All in all it was a great week. I know I've been in a bullet/listing but, it's just so darn efficient.

So, here's the highlights from this past week (in chronological order):
  • Monday night we went to the Annie Moses Band concert at the Nashville Symphony Hall - in a word, AMAZING!

  • Wonderful worship team and pastor from a church in the Nashville area lead us in worship on Tuesday & Wednesday mornings!

  • Tuesday night we skipped out on the scheduled events and went to a nice relaxing dinner at Macaroni Grill. I hadn't been there in ages, and I got the chocolate cake!!! MY FAVORITE!!! Plus, it was just relaxing to sit down and have a nice dinner!

  • Wednesday night I had dinner with 2 old friends from my Baylor days! So fun to see them and catch up!

  • I might should add that there were several great speakers like Thom Rainer (LifeWay Prez - or head guy, what ever his title is), Dr. Kevin Leman (world known author, and rather entertaining speaker!)

  • It was also great meeting some new people and reconnecting with others I had already met. It's so great to know other people that do the same thing you do day in and day out! I know that's cheesy, but it's so true!

I got back on Thursday evening, had a loverly dinner with Rebecca after she picked me up from the airport. Then I woke up Friday morning and headed to Temple to see Blake & Brady! Watched Brady score a goal in his soccer game this morning! Headed back to Houston in time for church tonight.

All in all a great, but busy week. It's kind of strange because just as nice as it is to be out of the office for a week, I'll be just as glad to get back in the office and resume the routine.

Super Duper: It was a GOR-GEOUS day today!!!

Super Pooper: It's starting to get dark so early...and it's only going to get worse when we turn the clocks back for day light savings time in November!

3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Aw shucks, I appreciate the name drop in your blog. :) And as for Dr.Thom Rainer - he was at Southern when I was there - yep, we're basically buddy buddy...

Lindsay said...

Hey Kasey!

I came across your blog and wanted to say hello! I am new to blogging so we'll see how this goes. I hope you are doing well! :)

Kristy said...

We are just looking for a little bigger house somewhere in good ole Waco. So not a huge move...but it alld depends on if we sell our house. That friday would be great. Price gets his 2 month shots that day so we'll have to see how he does. But I obviously want to see ya'll!!