Tuesday, May 20, 2008

...a good cry...

Maybe some of you know that I'm not a crier. I don't know why, I'm sure it relates back to something in my childhood or the way I was raised...but bottom line, tears do not readily flow from my eyes very often.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an "emotional" person. If you know me, you know this is true. You know I get excited, angry, sad, upset, etc. But for some reason, my ability to cry is limited to a few times a year, seriously, I'm not making this up. I do tend to choke up at certain times, like when the bride comes down the aisle, you know, basically I experience the emotion you would if you were going to cry...except without tears, at best, I may well up, but even that's doubtful.

I don't cry at movies, books, and only sometimes at funerals. I'm stone cold and hard hearted, I know.

No, I'm more of an angry crier, a phone crier, an alone crier. Usually it builds up, after several stressful or upsetting events pile up and my threshold just breaks, out of nowhere, boom! Sometimes its a dumb thing that can finally bring it on and everyone is confused about why I am crying, self included. There are 2 things that can usually be related to any time I cry: one, usually I'm on the phone, two, if there is anything wrong with my car and I get stressed having to get it fixed, call the insurance, etc, there's sure to be tears!

Well, tonight, the threshold broke! The last 2 days have been crazy, stressful, eventful, chaotic, and I've just wanted to run away from responsibility. Then I come home and I'm on the phone with my mom and she lectures me, then my sister and I get in a fight on the phone, then I read something upsetting online, I call a friend of mine to vent, and wouldn't you know...I'm gone, the tears begin to flow. Even after I got off the phone with her, I cried some more, just to get it all out.

To be honest, now that I'm done crying and done feeling so sorry for myself, I feel great. It was nice to get a good cry in.

Funny thing, I could be wrong, but I think this may be the first time I cried this year...seriously, I can't remember crying any time recently in 2008...it's been a while. I guess I was over due. And it's not surprising to me that it all built up right when the stress of VBS is at its height.

Super Duper: don't have to work on Monday, Memorial Day!
Super Pooper: don't have any exciting plans for Memorial Day!

No comments :